The Renaud Spirit Center's Martial Arts program accommodates both adults and kids in a structured, disciplined environment. To learn more, please call 636-474-2REC (2732).
As of September 1, 2016, you will need a User Account to register for programs online. The PIN/barcode system is no longer utilized. Use your email address to sign up for a new account. Please call 636-474-2REC (2732) during business hours for assistance.
Tae Kwon Do
This Martial Arts program is based on the traditional Korean form of Tae Kwon Do known as Chung Do Kwan. This style is based on explosive movements, devastating power and self-discipline. All students who enter the program begin training at the “no belt” level. After learning the eight basics and the first form they will be invited to test for the white belt. Prior to the black belt exam, students will progress through a series of techniques and belts. Testing will occur the ninth week of the session. Because each student progresses at his or her own pace, testing will be at the discretion of the instructor.
Tae Kwon Do classes are available for ages 3–16.
- Remove shoes and socks before entering the training floor.
- Always bow upon entering and exiting the training floor.
- Stand and bow when greeting the instructor and senior students.
- Remain in the rest position when awaiting your turn.
- When speaking with an Instructor/Senior student please use “Sir” or “Ma’am”.
- Be respectful and keep talking during class to a minimum.
- Learn the Membership Oath and its meaning, and always follow the Oath’s lessons in your training.
- We as members train our spirits and bodies according to the strict code.
- We as members are united in mutual friendship.
- We as members will comply with regulations and obey Instructors.
Whatever your age, fitness level or size, the techniques will make you feel empowered, capable of defending and freeing yourself, and more aware of your surroundings and possible unseen dangers. Valuable lessons include awareness training, practical ways to quickly defend yourself and disable an attacker, an attacker’s vulnerable points, basic holds, releases, strikes, and basic ground and weapon defense. Practical scenario drills will be used. The techniques will be demonstrated by a black belt self-defense instructor. Students will practice both one-on-one and in groups.